This is the second version as I blew a hole in the first bucket by doing a not so great job of glazing! When building this one, I made sure I made the sides thicker and I changed up the part where the handle will be attached, so actually it was a good thing I blew up the first bucket as I'm like this one much better! Currently it is being fired, assuming that goes well, I can glaze this one - doing a much better job this time around and it will be complete about mid February.
I'm discovering that making these large vessels takes much longer to complete than it did when I was making the Cupcakes...
Once I finished building the bucket, it was then onto my Chamber Pot series, or rather the Pot to Pee In series! Prior to indoor plumbing, chamber pots were used to go to the bathroom at night when a trip to the outhouse was less desirable. After researching various pot designs I came up with my own variation.
This is chamber pot #1, first made out of porcelain and then I made a second one out of B Clay as porcelain was not proving to be cooperative in this endeabor. What you see here is the porcelain version which is also in the process of being fired. The B Clay one is still in the drying stage.
This is an example of my paper template for Chamber Pot #2. Because I'm not the greatest at math, I'm discovering I'm having a hard time figuring out the angles of the pot sides. I did find a free program on the internet that can formulate and print out a basic cone template but then its up to me to figure out how to piece it together to make the pot.
I've begun construction of this one in clay but it is still in process. It will be a little shorter than the first one. As far as the third one (it will be a series of three pots total), it is still in the sketching stage. Soooo.... that's it for now!