Friday, July 1, 2016

Blue Sky and Thunder Scarf up close and personal

So I ordered one of my own scarves to see what one would look like and I must say I'm pretty happy with the results! What I've found the most interesting is that the colors within the scarf appear to change depending on the lighting. In brighter light the darks (which in the painting are black) appear more purple of dark violet, but in softer light the same color leans toward a more chocolate brown.  The blue is more apparent in the softer light as well. And there are some hints of olive green throughout which I find really interesting because there is no green in the painting of which this design was taken from. At first I thought perhaps it was because I mix my own blacks but then I remembered with my abstract paintings I have been using pure black from the tube!

In any case, it is a beautiful scarf and I hope you enjoy the modeling show~






No comments:

Post a Comment