Thursday, April 7, 2016

Back at It!

After more or less taking last week off in the studio because the girls were on spring break (I finally realized that I only have some much time with them at this age whereas I have the rest of my life to work in the studio.... I've always said I was a slow learner), Tuesday was a productive day!

I think Nightingale is finished... I need to let it rest for a while before I make the final call. As this painting evolved, I starting thinking again about how I can incorporate or merge my abstract exploration with my figurative work... that is the long term goal of this examination and development of process. It is a slowing down and tuning into my inter voice which sounds really hippie but what it comes down to is tapping into the intuitive creative spirit, working from the soul and not the preconceive thoughts that the mind controls.

The drawings that follow are another series of examples of this process... they may look like random scribbles, but each one was drawn, erased and redrawn numerous times until the marks and composition felt right. The end product is what you see here.

Bird of Prey
4 x 4 inches
Charcoal and Oil Paint on Paper

Fissure
4 x 4 inches
Charcoal and Oil Paint on Paper

The Ghost of E.L. Kirchner Visited Me in a Dream
 4 x 4 inches
Charcoal and Oil Paint on Paper

Imagine a Time Piece
(22 x 15 inches)
Charcoal and Oil Paint on Paper


No comments:

Post a Comment