Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Unimaginable Power of the Female Spirit (in-progress)

I've been working on and off on this concept sculpture for a while, not being sure where I wanted to take it but then an inspiration hit! This is only half of the piece... its hard to see I know but what you are looking at is a bees bax bird I sculpted in a metal vintage metal bird cage I found at one of our Sweet William Markets a few summers back. I'm in the process of melting the bird.  Now that I have this stage complete, I need to sand down the cage because the paint has bubbled and blacken from the fire, then I will give new life to the cage while the bird is still inside... The next thing on my 'to do' list is to figure out where I can get a piece of barn wood that I will use for the pedestal. If you have a suggestion as to where to get said wood please email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment