Tuesday, October 6, 2015

American Beauty #3 - Martha (in progress)



Ugh.... when my students have an off drawing day they say they have 'stupid fingers', today I started American Beauty #3 and I had a 'Stupid Brush' day! I sketched American Beauty #3 out on the canvas board and painted her about half way and wasn't happy with it so I wiped the board clean and started over! More stupid brush but finally started to turn her around, by painting and wiping and carving out the shape of the head. She has these really beautiful smile lines around her eyes and wrapping around her cheeks that I really want to capture. I took the picture when we were on a schooner ridge in Newport so of course she is smiling (did I mention I hate painting mouths with teeth!)  That being said, I'm always up for a challenge and I think this beauty is going to be just that! I will be back at it on Thursday. Considering the struggles, I'm not sure I will get her finished but will give it my all! Sooo... more on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment