Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Sweater Stretchers Diptych

Sweater Stretchers 
Diptych, 30 x 30 inches each

So I think these little cupcakes are complete, unless I decide to noodle with them a little more as I start work on another set... I'm starting to get the hang of painting the swirling frosting. The next set of cupcakes in paint will be Scooby Snacks, but I need to stretch more canvas and gesso so in the mean time the next set of cupcakes in the series will be Beach Umbrellas and I've decided to create those using my old friend paper plate lithography. That way I can also submit that piece in the open call Printmaking exhibition at the Art Students League of Denver.  My thought was I'd make 12 paintings of cupcakes and then another dozen in a variety of media... I'm still trying to decide if I like my first set of cupcakes Sisters where I also wrote the slang names for breasts in the white background, some days I like them, some days I don't. Sweater Stretchers does not have the writing, instead the slang is the title of the diptch. Well... back to work! 


No comments:

Post a Comment