Wednesday, March 11, 2015

No Make-Up Monday

81/2" x 11", Trace Monotype 
This fun piece is a one of a kind print on rice paper that I made at a workshop I took from my colleague Jennifer Ghormley at the Art Students League of Denver. It was a really interesting process that involved me drawing freehand on a photograph with the rice paper being sandwiched between the photo and a thin layer of ink - the challenge was laying down the ink thin enough so when you drew on the image you didn't end up with a solid black smudge of nothing! My photograph was a picture of my large scale oil painting titled Kandy (which you can see an example of under the tab 'Portrait Commissions'. I highly recommend this workshop for anyone interested in learning Trace Monotype. In regard to No Make-Up Monday, I'm thinking about taking this print and turning it into postcards to sell in my Etsy shop KimPutnamArt. I think I will add that to my 'to do' list for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment