Friday, December 12, 2014

Woman circa 1920's

45 Woman circa 1920's, 6 x 6 inches, Paper Plate Lithography, $60
Well... not every hairstyle or women is a movie star, or a queen, diva or writer, some are simple coded as woman. This beauty represents one of the many hairstyles of the 1920's. Still recovering from the nasty bug and now taking care of the other two family members of the house who now have it (half of us are recovering the other half are coming down) this is about all I can say for this print which I'm sure doesn't do it justice.

Instead I'd like to include a note about solo show I went to visit today by an up and coming artist by the name of Joe Friend.  If you live in Denver and are looking for something to do tonight I would highly recommend a trip to the Point Gallery on Santa Fe. Joe (a former student of mine from Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design) is having his first solo show here in Denver - congrats Joe! Although I won't be at your opening (from 7-10 pm) I did get a chance to stop in this afternoon and I enjoyed your show very much... it is every bit Joe Friend and I am very proud of you! I hope your opening is a huge success.

No comments:

Post a Comment