Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Woman circa 1700's AD

65, Woman circa 1700's AD, 6 x 6 inches, Paper Plate Lithography, $60
So do you ever have one of those moments when you don't know what to say about a work of art? I'm having one of those moments... here is a hairstyle from the 1700's, more specifically between the dates of 1760 - 1790. As with all these hairstyles through history I think it is interesting to see the varations and changes that occure and wonder what was going on during the period of the hairstyle.  In fact I have this amazing book that tracks what was going on through time in the visual arts, politics, literature, music, government etc... I love that book, unfortunately it is still in storage, packed with the rest of my art history books, reference books, many of my art and studio supplies etc... in storage for the last 8 months! But I do see an end to this life in storage 30 days till we own our new house and then by March 25th I should have my new studio... and life will finally have an ancher of which we (the family) can begin the next chapter(s) of our lives... so with that, I wonder what this particular woman's life was like at the time of this hairstyle?  Venture a guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment