Friday, December 5, 2014

Novelist circa 1920's

38, Novelist circa 1920's, 6 x 6 inches, Paper Plate Lithography, $60
Not wanting to focus only on the Hollywood starlets or royality etc... I thought it fitting to also include academics and so we have writers or in this case a Novelist in the genealogy. What I think is interesting is how perhaps the hair styles change depending on the position or social standing within society and or our culture as a whole... here the focus in my mind anyway is not on representing the status of her male companion meaning I see this hair style as less ostentation as some of the other hairstyles which causes me to wonder why? Hence my theory above.  In any case, I wonder if anyone out there in cyberspace can identify this writer?

No comments:

Post a Comment