Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Flying Purple People Eater - Cupcake

Daily Print #7 - Flying Purple People Eater - Cupcake, 4 1/2 x 6 inches
Paper Plate Lithography with Watercolor, $60
Each day I figure out how to perfect my daily print blog posts. Today I decided that the titles of my cupcakes will be the first thing that pops into my head when I look at the cupcake, usually some image or phrase that comes to mind when I look at it. Today it was the title of that crazy 1950's song, The One Eyed, One Eared Flying Purple People Eater, for some reason that song always reminds me of my Grandpa Welch, the family farm in Iowa and the summers I spent there with my mom and this crazy looking stuffed animal that grandpa once bought me... perhaps it was a one eyed, one eared flying purple people eater. Whatever the case that is the memory that comes to mind when I look at this cupcake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment