Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Artist Proof - Wife

Daily Print #15, Artist Proof - Wife 6 x 8 inches, Paper Plate Lithography, $60
So today we have another Artist Proof, which basically means that I'm experimenting with both the process and the concept that will eventually evolve into my Genealogy of Hair series. This image is intended to represent at 1950's housewife with the big pink rollers in her hair. It was created about the same time as I was working on my large Kandy painting, hence the reoccurance of the hair curlers. It is one of my favorite hair prints, although it never actually made it into the series that I created for my thesis... that installation consisted of over 100 prints of hair through the centuries, mean of which you will see in the coming days.


No comments:

Post a Comment