Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Artist Proof - Mistress

21 Artist Proof - Mistress, 6 x 8 inches, Paper Plate Lithography, $60
Surprisingly.... although this hair style had an index code on it (in creating my genealogy of hair I also created a whole index code on an excel spread sheet so I could properally identify and code the images - it is a fantastic resource and reference tool for me so that I can keep track of the hairstyle and time period etc... that is related to it)... this particular image was not listed in my index! It is surprising because it is one of my first experiments with the hairstyle concept... It came about the same time I did the Fleur de Lis painting of myself in the same kind of hairstyle. The silliness of the hairdo makes it another one of my favorites. Because it was not part of the actual index, I also had to come up with a title for it (in the same kind of format) and so I decided on Mistress, because it makes me think of the insanely elaborate wigs that they wore in the 1700's which makes me think of decadence, debachery and over indulgence... it makes me think of Marie Antoinette!

No comments:

Post a Comment