Monday, November 24, 2014

Artist Proof - Girl

27 Artist Proof - Girl, 6 x 8 inches, Paper Plate Lithography, $60
This print is actually more straight than it looks in this picture, I think I need to invest in a scanner verses having Photoshop straighten my crocked photographs! That will be on the 'to do' list for 2015. This is another Gibson Girl hair style. What is fun about this one is that I used an early illustration of the Gibson Girl and the illustrator cleverly illustrated the hair in such a way that it actually looks like a question mark. As I near the end of my Artist Proofs, I should perhaps point out the reason these are proofs is because I was still working out the idea, in regard to the format of the paper and many are not neccesarily centered very well. In the final series of which I printed two copies of the hair styles (occasionally a few more if I was not getting the print to turn out the way I wanted). Printing 2 images proved to be a good thing because I will be able to send one set to Provincetown, MA for my thesis show there and frame up some of the second set for my Thesis show here which is about a month later and I don't have to worry about the ones in MA arriving back in time.  The downside of course is I have a lot and I mean a LOT of hair prints now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment