Friday, November 21, 2014

Artist Proof - Actress

24, Artist Proof - Actress, 6 x 8 inches, Paper Plate Lithography, $60
Interestingly, well interesting to me... when I first pulled this hairstyle I was looking for a 1920's flapper coif and that is what I thought I found but then as I dug deeper into my research I found out this image was actually a studio promo photo for the actress, Louise Brooke. I've no idea what Brooke acted in, I'm guessing silent pictures? I didn't have the time to dig deeper to find out these kinds of details but I thought the fact that I was searching for one thing and then discovered something new made the project just a bit more exciting. Typically I would pull from my knowledge of art history and or useless movie trivia to identify women for the hairstyles... this one surprised me!

No comments:

Post a Comment