Monday, October 13, 2014

Cupcake 1

Yet another demonstration print I did for the Master class I taught at the CAEA fall 2014 conference up in Breckenridge. This is a paper plate lithograph of a line drawing of a cupcake - drawn from memory. I again colored the image in my studio at home. I've been fasinated with the image of the cupcake since August when I learned someone very close to me was diagnosed with breast cancer. For some reason I am associating the image of a cupcake with a womans breast. I think it has to do with the shape, the oral interaction and the idea that the word cupcake has been used in reference to a womans breast. Like the Fashion plates I'm not sure where I'm going to take this image but for some reason I see it developing into a colorful series. I'm toying around with the idea of selling them on line and donating a percentage of the sale to breast cancer research, if I could only figure out how to sell them on-line? The other thought I had was to turn them into postcards or cards and creating a packet of them and sell those on-line, again donating a percentage to breast cancer research. Just not sure were to go with this idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment