Sunday, February 16, 2014

Voice series


This is still a work in progress, but I wanted to post one of the several series I've been working on during the last 5 months. This series is called "Voice". I plan on doing 4 more 16 x 16 paintings to complete this series. These paintings are still in progress as I plan on going back and tweaking them all once I have the last 4 completed. Each mouth expresses a different emotion. The last one I did was the pouty mouth and I'm the most pleased with the way I painted that expression. The discussed expression on the top right is a little dark in tone so I think Iwill be lightening it up. the Frustrated expression next to it is the first painting I did and it feels a bit tight so I think I will be going back in and soften up the lines etc... These paintings could be a part of my September thesis show! More work to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment