Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Distortions


These are two more photographic experiments that I conducted this summer. My daughter, Bella, was my collaborator in this project, she took the photograph. In these images, I'm investigating the concept of distortion and how I can distort my face. I used two different types of panty hoses (one shear and the other opaque) and pulled them over my head. I chose the black sweater because of the collar, so that it would hide the extra fabric of the hoses. The photographs were taken with my iPhone rather than my expensive digital camera, the intent also being to create art with non-precious materials. Both photographs have received positive reviews during my residency. I plan on continuing this investigation AND collaboration with my daughter and perhaps turn the work into a series.

No comments:

Post a Comment