Wednesday, July 17, 2013

'Constant Interruptions' (work in progress)

"Constant Interruptions" is a little over 6 ft x 3 1/2 feet, India ink and oil paint on mylar. It is an experiment using tweets that I recorded of all the questions my girls ask me on a daily bases and random thoughts that pop into my head as I paint. I haven't decided if it is finished yet as I'm thinking I might need one or two more bubble thoughts from the girls strategically placed in front of my big freak out thought. Compositionally I think that might unite the environment around the figure with the figure. I think by doing that it also might further emphasize the concept of interruptions. I'm giving it a day to dry and then may come back in with the additions. It was a fun experiment because I had no idea where I was going with it... well I had a slight idea, but nothing drawn out or pre-envisioned, as Steve Locke once advised, I developed it as I went....

No comments:

Post a Comment