Friday, May 10, 2013

FAWC Studio

This is my studio at the Fine Arts Work Center (FAWC) in Provincetown, MA. After two long days of crits, I was finally able to start painting again! Crits were a mixed bag of commentary. One phrase did resonate with me "the weight of femininity." I'm drawn to this concept and am going to explore the visual possibilities. I have gotten great feedback from my classmates and am looking forward to "resolving" several of the paintings I bought for critique. I'm also going to try my hand at a large scale drawing as well as experimenting with "paper plate" lithography and another round of drypoint printing. Of course it is wonderful to see all my classmates again after a year of online studies and correspondence. Overall, I think I'm off to a fun and productive residency this May!

No comments:

Post a Comment