Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Paint the Paint (progress update)

More progress. At my last mentor meeting, Irene suggested I experiment with different tools to move paint. So today I painted with plastic, a rag, a paper towel and a palette knife (which is not new as I have painted with those before) and then of course your standard brushes. She also challenged me to incorporate texture into my painting. So I am experimenting with painting the woven pattern from my studio chairs. I painted it in and then wiped some of it out. I will add some more detail and incorporate more of the texture near the bottom left hand side, unless it looks like crap and then I might not... all in the name of experimentation. My goal is to have this painting done by mid April so it can be dry and ready to ship to my residency at the end of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment