Friday, March 15, 2013

Paint the Paint (a working title)

Today was a new beginning. For now, I'm calling this one "Paint the Paint", its a working title that reflects the guidance of my mentor. I spent today gesturing the figure and correcting proportions, and will must likely continue to correct as I go along. The concept behind this work is to paint paint. No I'm not stuttering I really mean to paint the paint... I am again the figure but I am no longer the subject. The paint and the act of painting is the subject, I am only the means to the end. My goal is to keep it loose and dirty emphasizing the quality and feel of the paint, no polish just rough paint application. I am already liking it much more than what is underneath which had pretty colors but also felt very cartoonish to me and that was not the direction I wanted to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment