Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Buddha Dancer

Today was a busy afternoon. I started another painting, called the "Buddha Dancer". It is oil on canvas, 5 ft. x 6ft. The idea came from a black and white promotional photograph I have of a Buddha Dancer. The photograph started to deteriorate some ten years ago and I had it restored, but in the process many of the figure's physical details were lost. My idea is to start with as close of a replica as I can and then start to distort and turn it into a painting about painting and movement. We will see how it goes. 

I also should note the location of the painting. Since I'm tight on useable wall space in the studio, I cleared out one of the dormers where I had canvas' stored and turned it into another painting space. Unfortunately it doesn't lend itself to good photographs! Don't let it be said that I don't utilize ever inch of my studio space!

No comments:

Post a Comment