Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Really Big Painting


Well this is what I came up with today. For lack of a title, I'm calling it "The Really Big Painting". It is 7 x 5 feet. My mentor noted at our last visit that all my paintings were of me, face on, eyes engaging the viewer. She suggested that with my next painting I show myself engaged in an activity and not looking at the viewer. So here I am, in the tense moment of making my first mark... our friend Van Gogh also making himself felt in the piece, perhaps Monet too. Whatever the case, this was not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, in fact is it was quite fun! Still no idea where I'm going with this but... I will figure it out. In the mean time, its time to clean my brushes walk Molly, my faithful gallery companion, and head out to hang my show! Until next time...

2 comments: